2023-2024 Paper Cooperative - Award & Order Forms
Award - Student Information System
Bid Award Notice: Three vendors submitted a bid, (Aeries of Orange, CA; Alma of Portland, OR; and PowerSchool of Folsom, CA). The base bid was awarded to Aeries based on the scoring rubric. View Award Memo
Pursuant to Public Contract Code section 20118.2, the Humboldt County Office of Education (“County Office”) requests proposals for a Student Information System (“System”).
Respondents must email or hand-deliver their Proposal to:
Humboldt County Office of Education
Attn: Michael Davies Hughes
901 Myrtle Ave
Eureka, CA 95501
Proposals shall be received by the County Office no later than September 30th, 2022 at 3 pm.
A copy of the Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is available on the County Office’s website: https://hcoe.org/bids/
All questions must be submitted in writing to Michael Davies-Hughes at Superintendent@HCOE.org
The last day to submit all questions will be September 26th 2022. Questions submitted and answers will be available on the County Office’s website, beginning on September 28th, 2022.
The County Office reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals, to waive any irregularties in the proposals, and to award any, all, or none of this RFP.
Answers to Submitted Questions
Below are some questions HCOE received during the submission period, with their answers.
Question list updated Sept. 29, 2022, 9:17 a.m.
- What is the student enrollment that will be covered by the contract resulting from this RFP?
560 students across three schools located at 18-20 school sites.
- The RFP mentions a reference form that we were not able to find in the initial documents. Can the Office of Education provide that form to us?
Yes, the Bid Reference Form is now available here.
- Would the Humboldt County Office of Education (“County Office”) please clarify whether it is working to become a service agency providing central site support for multiple districts in the county? If so, how many districts would be licensing the new system under that support agreement, and what is the enrollment count of each of those districts?
HCOE endeavors to secure a contract for internally operated programs that would be live by July 1, 2023 due to the contract with our current SIS provider. While this RFP is for internal programs, HCOE is working with other districts to explore an even larger consortium. These are two separate actions, even though they may combined should districts determine that the SIS that the county chooses would also fit their needs.
- How many districts would the County Office expect to bring live by July 1, 2023?
HCOE is the only district expected to be live by July 1, 2023 at this time.
- If all districts are expected to be live on the new system by July 1, 2023, would the County Office consider an alternate implementation timeframe which would be planned in such a way so the County Office and 1 to 2 districts would be brought live by July 2023, and the remaining districts in 2024?
This question is not able to be answered at this time as this RFP is for the HCOE programs only.
Award - Community School Basketball Court
January 11, 2023 – Notice is hereby given that at its regular meeting today, the Governing Board of the Humboldt County Office of Education awarded the Community School Basketball Project (“CSBP”) to Grandfield Construction.
Notice is hereby given that the Governing Board of the Humboldt County Office of Education (“HCOE”), of the County of Humboldt, State of California, will receive sealed bids for the Community School Basketball Project (“CSBP”) up to, but not later than, 3 p.m., on December 29th , 2022, and will thereafter publicly open and read aloud the bids. All bids shall be received at the Humboldt County Office of Education in Eureka, California.
Scope of Project
- Remove all trees & stumps from this area as well as sod layer, remove all loose dirt.
- New poured in place concrete 34’x30’x5″ thick, #4 rebar 2′ on center each way over 4″ of compacted base rock.
- Note: Base rock may have to be thicker in low areas.
- 2’x2’x12″ deep footing for basketball hoop foundation.
- Saw cut relief joints 10′ for each way.